Posted by : Unknown Monday 2 September 2013


Last week was my parents wedding anniversary, and as a little treat we decided to head up to London for the day. We had afternoon tea booked for 2o'clock, but decided to make a day of it and mooch around the shops beforehand. It takes just over an hour to get to London from where I live, so I try and go up as much as I can. I'm currently on a bit off a spending ban, so no new exciting purchases I'm afraid! First stop: Selfridges, an absolute killer when you're trying to have a spending ban!!! I had to be dragged away from the make up department, then the food department...








Unfortunately, I didn't take as many photos as I had planned on doing. Our afternoon tea was at the Flemings Mayfair hotel, which was actually a deal we purchased from Travel Zoo; £20 per person instead of £40 per person. The tea was a chocolate theme, right up our street! The afternoon tea comes on a stand with three dishes: dish one - four different sandwiches each, dish two - chocolate scones with cream and jam accompanied by a slice of chocolate cake, then dish three - a mini chocolate brownie, a mini chocolate eclair, mini churros and chocolate sauch and finally a pink macaroon with a white chocolate filling. Soooo much chocolate, and then... the tea itself was chocolate flavoured; Chocalate and Cream Tea, Chocolate Tea or Caramel Tea. I'm not actually a tea drinker so I went for hot chocolate.  Also, the afternoon tea was served with a glass of  Rose Champagne.
The afternoon tea at Flemings Mayfair was lovely and great value for £20, but I don't think it would have been great value for the full price of £40. I have been for afternoon tea at other hotels where you can keep asking for more of the dishes, and in this case all three rounds came out at once. The hotel and food itself was lovely, but we felt that the tea was quite rushed and probably not worth £40.



Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

- Copyright © insideoutamy -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -